- 3 lb Chuck roast, 1 ½” thick
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 c Bottled stir-fry sauce
- 1/2 c Burgundy wine
- 1/2 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Heat Oil in dutch oven.
- Next add meat and brown on both sides.
- Combine stir-fry sauce with Wine and pour over meat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 1hr. 40 minutes.
- Now add mushrooms and simmer, covered, another 15 minutes or until Beef is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and /4 cup Water.
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan juices; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens lightly.
- To prepare meat for serving, cut meat across grain into thin slices and serve with mushroom gravy.