- 4 Oriental eggplants (4 Oriental eggplants should equal about 1 lb)
- 3/4 c Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Bottled hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chile oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mashed Garlic
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 c Ground Pork (or ½ lb ground beef & ½ lb ground pork may be used)
- 1 tsp Water
- Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Minced green onion (green part only)
- Trim blossom ends of eggplants.
- Cut in halves lengthwise.
- Cut each half in ½” -thick diagonal slices.
- Steam eggplants until tender or cook in 1” Hot oil in large skillet or wok until golden brown.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Drain all oil from skillet and add chile oil.
- Cook over high heat 30 seconds.
- Add Garlic and cook, stirring, 10 seconds.
- Add ground Pork, 1 tbsp soy Sauce, broth and hoisin Sauce and stir-fry until Pork is browned.
- Add vinegar and eggplants, toss lightly to blend flavors and heat through.
- Season to taste with more soy Sauce.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir into Pork mixture.
- Cook and stir until ingredients glisten.
- Add green onion and stir-fry 5 seconds.