- 5 Egg whites
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 c Unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 c Flour
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- Messages/5 dozen
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put egg whites in a bowl,next add the sugar and salt and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick and shiny.
- Gradually beat butter into egg white mixture.
- Next stir in the flour and add almond extract.
- Using a measuring spoon, drop by teaspoonfuls, well apart, onto a greased or non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake only 1 sheet at a time for 7-8 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Working quickly, place a message in the center of each cookie, and fold in half while still warm.
- Place the still-warm folded cookies in cool muffin tins to shape.
- Cool completely before storing. Makes about 60 cookies.