- 1/2 lb White Fish fillets, fresh or frozen
- 8 Slices winter bamboo shoots
- 1 Bunch fresh spinach
- 4 c Superior chicken broth (clear)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cooked peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Medium sherry
- Heat chicken broth.
- Cut Fish fillets into 1″ by 2″ pieces.
- Cut off root ends of spinach & thoroughly wash.
- Slice bamboo shoots into paper thin strips; add to stock as it is heating.
- Using wire strainer, blanch Fish pieces in boiling water for 15 seconds, reserve.
- Add salt to water.
- Blanch spinach for 10 seconds, drain & reserve.
- When stock reaches rapid simmer (don’t let it boil), add Fish, spinach & sherry.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in ladle over flame.
- Mix oil into Soup, transfer to serving bowl, & serve.