- 1/2 c Oil
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 3 lbs Frying chicken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 c Plum Sauce
- 1/3 c Chinese pickles
- 5 Celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 c Water
- 4 slice Ginger
- 2 tsp Cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp Sherry
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel carrots and cut into cubes.
- Crush Garlic.
- COOKING: Place oil and Garlic in skillet.
- Brown Chicken, stir 5 minutes, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add plum Sauce celery, ginger, sherry, carrots, Sugar salt, pickles and water.
- Simmer covered for 12 minutes.
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to thicken gravy.