- 3 Chicken breasts (boned & skinned)
- 1/4 c Soy Sauce
- 1/2 lb Chinese pea pods
- 2 tbsp Corn starch
- 1/2 lb Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 4 Green onions
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 c Bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 tbsp Salad oil
- 1 c Chicken broth or bouillon cube dissolved in water
- 1 pak Cashew nuts (about 4-oz)
- Slice breasts horizontally into very thin slices and cut into inch squares. Place on tray.
- Prepare Vegetables, removing ends and strings from pea pods, slicing mushrooms, green part of onions, and the bamboo shoots. Add to tray.
- Mix soy Sauce, cornstarch, Sugar, and salt. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in skillet over moderate heat, add all the nuts, and cook 1 min shaking the pan, toasting the nuts lightly.
- Remove and reserve.
- Pour remaining oil in pan, fry chicken quickly, turning often until it looks opaque.
- Lower heat to low.
- Add pea pods, mushrooms, and broth.
- Cover and cook slowly for 2 mins.
- Remove cover, add soy Sauce mixture, bamboo shoots, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Simmer uncovered a bit more and add green onions and nuts and serve immediately.