- 2 lb Napa (or celery) cabbage
- 1 c Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 8 Chinese “jyo” mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Sherry
- 1 tbsp Dried shrimp
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 c Sichuan preserved mustard greens
- 1 tsp soy Sauce
- Cornstarch paste
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Rendered chicken fat
- First wash & soak Chinese mushrooms & dried shrimp in warm water for 1 hour until soft.
- Next, mince the shrimp.
- Remove hard stem from mushrooms.
- Wash & thinly slice mustard green.
- Separate cabbage leaves; blanch in salted boiling water for 30 seconds; drain; slice into 2″ sections.
- In a bowl, combine stock, salt, sherry, Sugar & soy Sauce; reserve.
- Render chicken fat in small saucepan at medium heat; discard pieces of fat; keep oil Hot.
- Braising: Heat peanut oil in wok until Hot but not smoking.
- Stir-fry mushrooms, shrimp & mustard green for 15 seconds.
- Add cabbage; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add stock mixture; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover wok, & simmer for 10 minutes, reducing liquid by half; add more stock if needed.
- Turn up heat; add enough cornstarch paste to make light Sauce.
- Swirl in Hot chicken oil.
Serve. **Cabbage leaves should become transparent, but avoid overcooking; they should be soft but not wilted.