- 3/4 lb Round steak
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 8 Fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 lb Bean sprouts
- 6 oz Bamboo shoots (can)
- 3 ea Green onions (scallions)
- 2 cup Beef stock
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 cup dried egg noodles
- Deep frying oil
- Cut beef about 1” long ½” wide and as thin as possible.
- Mix the salt, sugar and soy sauce together and mix well, then add the beef and marinate for at least one hour.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms, including stems.
- Slice the bamboo into thin strips;
- slice the scallions into 1” pieces;
- soak, rinse and drain the bean sprouts.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and beef stock together.
- Drain the beef reserving the marinade.
- Heat the sesame oil and stir-fry the beef for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and remaining marinade, bring to a boil stirring constantly;
- add the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Deep fry as needed draining on absorbent paper.
Place cooked noodles on a plate or serving platter, top with beef mixture.