- 1/2 lb Soy Bean curd (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 c Chicken stock
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 2 Green onions
- 2 tbsp Premium oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tsp Peanut oil
- Cornstarch paste
- Slice Bean curd into 1/4″ cubes; sliver green onions.
- In Hot wok, heat oil just to point of smoking.
- Add Bean curd, green onions and Garlic.
- Stir gently to avoid breaking up curd; turn pieces to coat with oil.
- Be sure oil is not too Hot or curd will tend to stick to pan.
- When aroma of Garlic is apparent, add stock and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 30 seconds (don’t let curd fall apart).
- Remove cover; stir in oyster Sauce and Sugar.
- Increase heat, and when liquid boils again, add enough cornstarch paste to make a creamy (but not too thick) Sauce.
- Swirl in peanut oil to make a glaze.
Serve over Rice or in a shallow serving bowl.