- 10 Chinese mushrooms, small
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 lb Prawns
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 5 Fresh water chestnuts (OR 7- canned ones)
- 1 tsp Thin soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 lb Ground Pork
- Dash of pepper
- 1 Green onion, finely chopped 1
- 1/4 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 pk Wonton skins
- 1 sm Egg
- Boil Chinese mushrooms for 10 minutes, rinse, squeeze dry, cut off, and discard stems; then, chop into very small pieces. Shell, devein and wash prawns.
- Chop into very small pieces Peel and crush water chestnuts with the flat side of the cleaver. If you don’t have a cleaver, chop the water chestnuts into very fine pieces.
- Combine mushrooms, prawns, water chestnuts, Pork and green onion.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- 1 tsp of filling is used for each won ton. With one corner of the won ton skin toward you, place 1 tsp of filling about an inch from the corner.
- Fold one corner to cover the filling.
- Fold once more…about 3/4 inch.
- Turn the won ton so that the triangle is toward you.
- Dampen the left corner with a little water.
- Swing the right corner away from you and place it on top of the dampened left corner.
- As you make this fold, simultaneously pull the filling toward you with your middle finger, you
should finish with a little “hat-like” effect.